The Rose Ladies Series at JCB Golf & Country Club
The objective seemed fairly straight forward:
“Based on experience and golf knowledge, advise and consult on how to deliver a one day professional ladies golf event on the Rose Ladies Series at the JCB Golf and Country Club with spectators.”
However the intricacies of the project soon presented themselves and with the assistance of key stakeholders, partners and organisations, Bailey International Golf Consultants was able to produce a strategy for, and the effective delivery of the Rose Ladies Series event at JCB Golf and Country Club in 2021, for spectators, despite a global pandemic.
In general terms, BIG formed part of the organisation team behind the event along with the Excel Sports Management group and the in-house team at JCB Golf and Country Club, with the key role being the successful integration of spectators on site, for the event, the first time JCB Golf and Country Club had opened its doors to the public. BIG was tasked with the analysis to make this event happen….
- Creation and management of a comprehensive Event Management Document containing all information relating to the event, schedule and roles & responsibilities, including detailed site maps and key contact information,
- Golf Course preparations, tee markers, length of course course set up,
- Timetable of practice schedule,
- Liaison for on site activity such as prize giving,
- Planning of on and off course food and beverage for competitors, guests and staff,
- Organisation of volunteer, staff, guest and participant accreditation,
- Signage planning, design and creation – advertising banners, navigational and instructional course signage for spectators, event signage for players and competitions,
- Provision of additional security,
- Introduction and management of a specialised medical team on site for the event and a full Health and Safety audit of the event/facility,
- Assessment of all necessary stakeholder and supplier insurances and certifications including Public Liability and Food Hygiene,
- Guest Invitation Programme
The key consideration however was the safe integration of spectators into the event, this formed the majority of BIG’s project consultation and consisted of…..
- Sourcing, negotiating with and management of on site public catering suppliers,
- Identification of public car parking, along with navigational signage, security and volunteer management,
- On site safety, crowd control barriers, roping of the golf course and assessment of risk across the facility,
- The creation of a successful online ticketing platform and promotional mechanism,
- Building a central tented village experience for spectators spanning the age demographic (as shown in the image below) including toilets, food and beverage, interactive games and retail experiences, sourcing partners, managing set up and take down,
- Covid-19 Protocol planning including the purchasing of PPE, hand sanitiser, temperature checks, Track & Trace and messaging should the event need to be cancelled,
- Emergency and evacuation action plans,
- Traffic planning for the surrounding area,
- Borough and County Council consultation including the closing of Public Rights of Way across the property and community impact assessments.
All of above and much much more enabled the JCB Golf & Country Club to deliver a world class sporting event, the Rose Ladies Series in August of 2021, safely in front of close to 3,000 spectators, and Bailey International Golf Consultants was delighted to play its part.
Congratulation to the 2021 Champion, Gemma Dryburgh!
A gallery of official images from the Rose Ladies Series event at JCB Golf & Country Club in 2021:
The official event video from the Rose Ladies Series event at JCB Golf & Country Club in 2021: